The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, July 9, 2012

Back to Blogging

I took a little break last week from the blog.  Not intentional, but it happened.

Here's what I should have been blogging about........

Our Fourth of July.  We didn't do much, so there wasn't much to blog about.  Truthfully, Jason and I spent a majority of the morning/afternoon cleaning all of the grout in our kitchen with scrub brushes.  We are majorly weird.  Jason spilled something and after he cleaned it up we were painfully aware of how dirty our floor was.  We are the kind of people that really can't leave things like that alone.  So on our hands and knees we scrubbed away!  I am happy to report that we did eventually have some real fun watching the girls swim in the backyard, eating burgers and watching fireworks. 

not related to the fourth, but too cute not to share!  taken at our church's 25th annv. celebration.

Every night since the Fourth of July Isabelle has been requesting the National Anthem as her bedtime song.  She asks for the fireworks song.  It is pretty funny.

My new vegetarian recipes.  Seriously delicious.  We have had Healthy Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes and Stuffed Peppers.  I have not managed to have a single vegan day, but I have done pretty well with no meat.  My favorite thing so far has been the cucumber, avocado, and tomato sandwiches at lunch.  I have switched from real milk to almond milk and since I am not a milk drinker (just have it on cereal) I have not minded the difference.  I am pretty pumped to keep trying new recipes and avoid eating meat as often as possible.  (I did have a burger on the 4th!)

Lawson.  He is going to be six months this month and I have finally started serving him some food.  We have tried rice cereal and bananas.  He doesn't seem very interested.  He does look pretty cute when he is eating though.

cutie patootie even when covered in cereal!

My sister's new blog.  Life in Progress.  I am so excited to see what she posts next!  My sis is new to the blogging world, but I know that she is going to do great!  She is full of good advice and helpful info for parents.  Check it out when you get a chance and leave her some love!

So, it is clear that I should not have taken such a big break, but it did give me some added time to finish up some homeschooling stuff for the girls (so excited to get started), spend some extra time with the hubby, and be in front of the computer less!

I promise to not take such a long break again for a while!

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you :) What a fun week - and your little man is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics.
    I bought PW's new cookbook finally and am super excited to try some things out. How does that work with your no meat????
    I'm so glad the almond milk is working for you. It's all we use too. Except for Dave's coffee/tea and recipes that call for milk.
    CanNOT believe Laws is 6 months already!! GAH.
    And I'll go check out your sisters blog!

    ReplyDelete