Today's Friday Five is all about Isabelle. That girl has been sooooo funny lately. I seriously don't know where she comes up with it. She must have one heck of an imagination. Okay, so some of it I have an idea about where it comes from. (Jason of course) Here are five of the funniest things she has been saying lately.
|taken a couple of months ago when she was using a napkin as a cape to be a superhero|
1. Isabelle has decided that we have a cat (imaginary). Our cat's name is Jacklip. I am assuming she heard Jason (or me) use a similar sounding word and now our cat is a constant reminder to watch our language. We also have an imaginary dog, Benson. Isabelle found some cat poop in the backyard a few weeks ago and was convinced that it was Benson's poop.
2. Everyday Isabelle informs me that her name is Hannah and that Molly's name is Martmel. I do not know anyone named Martmel. In fact, my guess is there is NO ONE named Martmel anywhere.
3. In addition to saying her name is Hannah, she insists that Hannah is spelled L-e-a-h. Which she signs every time she says it. Let me just tell you, she knows that l-e-a-h spells Leah, not Hannah, but she is not a girl to give in.
4. Every night Isabelle asks me to sing the ABC's to her, and every time she starts to sing along with me. However, each time I start singing Isabelle will choose a letter and sing only that letter. So she may start out singing and then stop at c and sing ccccccc over and over to the tune of the song, or we may make it all the way to t, or x, but she will sing that letter over and over to the same tune until the song is done. It makes it very hard to keep singing without laughing.
5. Recently, Isabelle has started telling me that she wants to stay her same size. She then proceeds to tell me that she does not want to get big like Jason or me, but wants to stay small like she is now. I love it! The funny part is how genuinely concerned she is about getting bigger. She is very serious about staying small. I wish I could help her out.
What funny things have your kids been doing? I would love to hear!