The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Thursday, July 15, 2010

10 Things


Ten Things about Isabelle

1. She knows sign language. Some people know this, some do not. She knows milk, cheese, cracker, cookie, please, more, thank you, fish, frog, diaper (as in she needs a new one), juice, toothbrush, bath and book just to name a few.

2. Isabelle LOVES the show, Yo Gabba Gabba. If you know Isabelle and you don't know that, you have obviously not been paying attention.

3. Her baby doll's name is Hissssss. That's right. Think of the sound a snake makes and that is what Isabelle will tell you is her doll's name. It is so funny to me.

4. Swimming and dancing are her two favorite activities. Coloring comes in a close third.

5. This past month, her favorite food has been green beans. Whole green beans, not cut green beans. She will eat a whole can if I let her. I am also certain that next month (or sooner) she will decide she does not like green beans any longer and I will have to begin the process of finding her new favorite food.

6. She cannot go to sleep without the following items in her bed: Bear-Bear, Hiss, Minnie, Glo-worm, two blankets, little stuffed buffalo, and her pillow. Every couple of weeks she finds another animal or toy to take to bed and the list grows.

7. If she could have it her way, she would brush her teeth 20 times a day. That girl loves to brush her teeth. It started out with her brushing with us in the morning and then after her bath at night. Apparently the toothpaste for kids is delicious, because now she asks all day long to brush her teeth. Now she brushes at least 4 times a day, sometimes more.

8. Isabelle prefers to have water dumped over her head in the bath. She will throw a fit if you try to rinse her hair the way most normal children prefer. And by throw a fit, I mean she will refuse to lay back so that you have no choice but to dump the water straight over her face.

9. The car is not a happy place. Isabelle hates car rides. Sometimes the Gabba CD will work to keep her happy, but not always.

10. She loves baby La-La. Okay, so sometimes she steps on her, or smacks her, or yanks the paci out, but she really does love Molly. I know for sure because at random times throughout the day she will kiss Molly on the head for no reason. Or lay down on the blanket with Molly and just smile at her. I am pretty sure they are going to be best buds.

3 comments:

  1. Haha my 21 month old is obsessed with brushing her teeth and taking baths! She's the same way in the bath too, throws a fit if you try to tilt her head at all.

    Interesting with the sign language, I wish I knew sign language so I could teach Cadence. I think ASL is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was precious Tracy! I need to set back and list the special things about my girls right now in their life too! Fun to read! I am sure Isabelle loves her Molly! It is funny she calls her Lala. Ellie calls our Molly, "Mony". Hmmm? Actually she never says her name unless we ask her to say it. Weird, since she says everyone else's name when saying "hi or bye"! Glad you are a blogger now too! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the list! I wish I had done something like that for my kids so I could remember more fun tidbits! And just for the record, I think her and Cait have several things in common but #6 in particular! You will find that by the time Isabelle is 12 there is very little room in the bed for her...and it will not bother her at all!

    ReplyDelete