1. My kiddos are sick....AGAIN. It seems like we can't catch a break around here. I think I am over the limit for the amount of snot a person should have to deal with, but whatevs. I would rather deal with a million times more snot than be vomited on again, so bring on the mucus. Hopefully, after this round we will get a break for longer than two weeks. Momma needs some sleep.
2. Yesterday I made PW's Simple Sesame Noodles. So good. Even better today for lunch. We ate them cold both times and they were awesome. In the cookbook she also shows them with cold steak, which I am sure would have been delicious, but we didn't have any steak so it was plain noodles for us.
3. Since I spent some time griping about the hot weather this year, I should mention that right now I am in love with the weather. It was in the 50's yesterday, 60's today and at night gets colder. The next few days are going to be glorious. I am not looking forward to it being back in the 80's again at the end of the week. After all, it will be November and 80's in November is a tad bit ridiculous.
4. I made a double batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today. Why have I not done this before? Seems like a no brainer to always make a double batch and freeze the unbaked cookies and then cook them as needed, right?
5. I feel bad for people in the path of Sandy, but I really hope that one of the meteorologists that is standing out in the storm gets swept away. It would serve them right for standing outside in a hurricane. And, how can you possibly convince people it is unsafe to stay in their homes when there are newscasters standing outside in the middle of the storm? You know where you never see a meteorologist? In a tornado. Those things are serious.
6. Isabelle has started doing the most hysterical thing ever. She refers to herself in the third person. As an example at dinner she will say, "Isabelle wants some water," or "Isabelle loves chicken." It is infuriating and incredibly funny all at the same time.
7. Jason and I are addicted to The Walking Dead. If you haven't ever watched it you are probably saying to yourself, "they are so stupid," or "who likes shows about zombies?" That is what I said about people who watched it before I ever saw an episode. Now, I love it. Season three has been a bit more gory than previous seasons, but it is still a great show. And for the record, I may or may not have googled, "How do you become a zombie?" during the first episode.
8. I really don't have anything else to add right now....just didn't want to end on number seven. For my brother's sake. I do find it funny that the title says morning....haha. I have been holding sick kids all day long and just finished at 8:00 PM!