The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, February 15, 2013

Molly

I don't even know where to begin in my description of Molly.  The amount of things I hope to remember about Molly at this particular stage in life seem endless.


Probably the best way to describe Molly would be to tell you that she is always one extreme or the other, literally, in all circumstances.  She goes from wide awake to dead asleep without ever being "sleepy."  She can be the most loving child or the most angry and loudest screaming child.  The most happy or the most sad....well you get the point.  Molly is a child of extremes.  And as a result, I can go from being totally frustrated with her to cracking up laughing at her in a matter of seconds.


Random facts about Molly:  She prefers to be naked or just in undies but rarely wants to get dressed.  Her favorite foods are stroganoff and spaghetti and she can usually eat more than Jason when we have either of those for dinner.  She also loves salad.  (Which is totally weird to me.)  She has great taste in music, preferring Mumford and Sons or Florence and the Machine.  She has most of the Mumford album memorized.  Out of all the family, Molly's eyes are the bluest (er...most blue?).  She is also the most hugging and kissing kid of all three.

After her first real haircut where she got bangs.

Molly loves her siblings.  Most days her and Isabelle will play together very well without any fighting.  She is also a great big sister to Lawson and constantly asks to hold him.  She loves playing outside and if we aren't outside her toy of choice is usually her blocks.  She loves to be read to and her favorite books are Pete the Cat and Everyone Poops.  She is also a lover of movies and has been watching Toy Story 1,2 and 3 over and over again. (and over and over and over)  Sometimes it is hard for me to pinpoint what Molly loves and not what Isabelle or Lawson love because really, Molly just loves to do anything her sister or brother is doing.

Molly is the only one of my kiddos to really struggle with eczema.  Hate that her little cheeks are always so dry.

She is a daredevil, fearless, and a persuader.  She will jump off of anything, climb anything and try to convince Isabelle to do the same.  We have a video of her at a very young age jumping from the coffee table to the chair without any hesitation.  Often times I look out in the backyard and see her jumping off some part of the swing set or sitting on top of her cozy coupe or doing something else equally as dangerous.  She also likes to spin around in circles in the living room until she gets dizzy and falls over.  I don't have to worry about Molly ever being the "follower" in the group, but I do have to worry about her convincing other kids to do things that might not be exactly safe.


Clearly a little grumpy when being woke up.

When it comes to me trying to be a better parent, Molly is the driving force.  Isabelle was such an easy child and continues to be easy.  Molly is not easy.  And surprisingly, I am glad she isn't.  She is strong willed and independent and likes to figure out what will happen when she crosses the line.  Finding a discipline method that works for Molly has been somewhat challenging.  I find myself praying a lot about being a good mom for Molly.  I know the Lord has big plans for her and I am comforted to know he doesn't really need my help to carry them out!  Since the day Molly was born and had to go to the NICU, I have been learning how totally dependent I am on Jesus (especially in parenting...lol).  



Molly is hysterically funny.  Here is a recent convo she had with her dad.  "Dad, what are these called?"  (pointing to her nipples)  Jason says, "those are nipples."  Molly replies, "No.  I am going to call them bobs." She says things like this all the time.  She has also started calling herself by other names, most recently, Kenna.  Each morning when she wakes up she asks, "Mom, can I be Kenna?"



To try and sum up Molly in just a few words is near impossible.  She is so incredibly sweet and loving with a very sensitive spirit, but she is also wild and challenging and totally frustrating at times.  I love her so much and am so blessed by her every day.  Yesterday on Valentine's Day, she was sick and running a high fever and yet, she crawled on my lap and said, "Happy Valentine's Day, Mom.  I love you."  She then gave me a huge hug and kiss and I was pretty much in awe of her sweetness.  She is remarkable.

Side note:  I wrote an entire Molly blog a few days ago and blogger did not save it.  I was crushed and am sure there are things I am leaving out, but for now, this will have to do.


2 comments:

  1. Love this one! This kid, this post, all of it. She cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled a few times at this post - she sounds adorable and full of life! She also sounds a bit like our Bella, who the ER technician predicted that Bella will be a frequent ER visitor. Seriously hoping not....but then this is the child who scales walls. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete