The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, April 12, 2010

first week home....

well, we have been home for a week now. doesn't seem possible that it has already been a week...especially because i still feel like such a rookie when it comes to taking care of a newborn. i keep thinking that at any moment it is all going to come back to me....hopefully it will come soon! isabelle is adjusting....sort of. besides consistently getting in trouble for sitting in molly's carseat, or bouncy seat, or trying to get in her cradle, or use her pacifier....other than that we are doing great...hehe. she has gotten back into her regular routine which is nice and i am sure the other things will resolve themselves in time. molly is doing great! we had a doctor appointment today and she weighed in at 7 lbs and 9 oz. that is 5 1/2 oz. more than what she weighed on friday! and her jaundice is looking better. i am so glad that things are starting to look more like normal where we are all concerned. i have not gone crazy yet, taking care of two under two, which i was a little worried about. my day does seem like an endless rotation of feeding babies, cleaning babies, changing diapers, and doing laundry and dishes.....so that is a little frustrating, especially when i would really like to get my business going again and have some adult interaction at some point. we did manage to make it to church this past weekend and despite one lady who apparently thought i still looked nine months pregnant....(she patted my stomach!), it was a great evening. i think at some point i will be able to return the endless amounts of phone calls, and write thank you notes that are growing overdue....but i am not sure when. more than anything i am so grateful to have my girls home, healthy and mostly happy. i am so blessed to have such a great family and great support system that have been so helpful these past few days...like my sister who spent over an hour with us at the doctor, and my mom who came by with food and let me take a shower before she left! things are going to be crazy, but i am pretty sure (as my sister reminds me my grandma used to say all the time) "these are the best days of my life."

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! I am just getting caught up and the story of Molly's arrival! WOW! All I can say is God is SO good! I am so thankful you all are home safe and she is not only healing but growing and keeping you busy. Please know that you guys will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Tracy! Glad to hear things are going so well and you guys are so happy!

    ReplyDelete