The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Family Update

I haven't been super regular in my blogging lately.  Frankly, I am too tired to do much of anything at the end of the day.  But, I don't want to let too much time go by without updating on what is going on with our family.  This is, after all, a family blog!

So, just a few updates today on what is going on at our house.

Lawson:  Poor guy.   Currently, we are on our third round of antibiotics for an ear infection that just seems to never end.  To say he isn't sleeping or eating well would be the understatement of the century.  I am trying anything and everything to help him.  The suggestion of tubes is being thrown around by the pediatrician but is not something we can consider until he has had more ear infections or until this one sticks around for another couple of months.  If you are a praying person, say a prayer for us.  I will update more on Lawson tomorrow when he turns 11 months old!

Molly:  I could write a whole blog on my weird child, Molly.  Seriously.  Moll is currently/still in the no clothes phase of toddlerhood.  Pretty sure she would be naked 24/7 if I'd let her.  Molly also has begun to ask that we call her Will (she pronounces it wheel).  Another funny and weird fact about Molly is that she has started asking to watch Jem in the mornings.  If you aren't familiar with Jem, it is an 80's or possibly early 90's cartoon about a rock star named Jem.  It is on Netflix and is not really age appropriate, but the girl loves it. 

Isabelle:  Isabelle is pretty excited about Christmas.  This is really the first year that she has been excited about Santa or presents.  She is only asking for a book and for a candy cane.  I love that she is so easy to please.  She is also pretty excited about seeing her family and spending time with her dad.  Isabelle still asks to do school everyday which makes me happy and lets me know that at least I am not making it so horrible that she wants to stop.  She recently started rhyming up a storm and is showing more interest in learning to read.  She is a very smart girl.

Jason:  Jason is working.  Really, working.  Not all the time, but quite a bit.  We are lucky that he will have several days off for the holidays.  He has been able to work on some really cool projects though and it is neat to see his work all over the city (and in Stillwater!).

I have so many things I want to write about in my brain.  I have a cooking post, a post about my weird kids, one about Christmas, and lots of photos as well.  We will see how soon I am able to get to them.  If it comes down to blogging or sleeping I will choose sleep every time!  In the meantime, I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand -although my brain is fried and I don't have a reason :) If you don't pop back on, have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete