The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Update on my goals for 2012

In keeping with tradition, I thought I would update on the goals I made at this time last year before posting my goals for 2013.  Here is how I did on my goals from last year.

Goal numero uno was don't get pregnant!  Whoo hoo!!!  I accomplished my first goal! 

In all seriousness, I really didn't want to get pregnant this year and while that really isn't a goal, I am glad that I am not currently preggers.  Don't know that I will be making the same goal for 2013, but I do know that right now I feel like I have my hands pretty full!

Goal number two was to lose weight.  Fail.  Like major fail.  I mostly thought I would lose weight the same way I did after Molly and Isabelle, by breastfeeding.  Not so much.  The weight didn't come off, and I didn't really work much on my diet or exercise this year.  I am pretty bummed to have not succeeded in this area and will for sure have this at the top of my list for 2013.  I think I will also need to set more realistic and more specific goals in order to see progress.

Daily quiet time was next on the list and while I did not master this either, I am much better than I was a year ago.  So, while I didn't totally master this goal, I do feel like I have made progress.

Number four was to be more purposeful with the girls and I think I have done a pretty good job overall in this area.  I don't know how much one on one time happened, but I do know that we spent a lot of time doing "school" and a lot of time doing arts and crafts type activities.  I also tried to make sure the girls spent a significant amount of time playing outdoors whether in the backyard or at our neighborhood park.

My blog schedule goal went really well for awhile, then not so much.  I am going to have to work more on that in the future.  Like as soon as my sleeping schedule is worked out...lol.

I did stay pretty true to my goal to cook new and different recipes.  If I counted correctly, I posted nine of my Adventures in Cooking blogs and that is just what I got around to talking about.  This year I started making more meatless dishes and tried out lots of PW recipes from the new cookbook.  I also utilized pinterest for tons of great and some not so great recipes.  I think that this goal that I started so long ago has been one of the greatest things I have ever done.  Cooking more and trying new things really has changed my life for the better.  It may sound stupid, but Pioneer Woman changed my life through her blog and her recipes.  I am more confident in the kitchen (maybe overly confident even) and feel happy that I can now cook my husband more than just spaghetti and tacos.  In a million years I never would have thought I would enjoy cooking and baking as much as I do now.  Sometimes I think about doing it as a career somehow or going to culinary school or just taking some classes here and there.  Obviously far in the future, but who knows where my new love of cooking might take me!

My seventh goal of getting a clear plan for Mary Kay...well that almost makes me laugh out loud.  I pretty much did nothing in my MK business this year.  I have kept up with my current customers, gained a few new customers and made a little income for my family.  And while there are many who would say I needed to do more, or should have done more or could have done more, I am actually pretty content with what I did.  Would I love to have more money?  Yes, obviously.  Would I love to have more customers?  Again, yes.  But, did I want to sacrifice time at home with my husband in order to get those two things?  No.  A big, fat, NO.  Jason put in a lot of time at work this year and completed several big projects.  When he wasn't working at the office, he was often working on additional side projects at home.  So, when he wasn't working, I wanted to be spending time as a family, not at an appointment.  That was a choice I made and I don't regret it.  The thing I love so much about Mary Kay is that it can be exactly what you need it to be at any given time.  If I really needed to be making more and more and more money I could work more.  It is like anything else, the more you work you put in, the more you will get out.

There it is, my results from this past year.  Not too shabby considering how I did on my goals from 2011!  I can't wait to get my goals for 2013 written down and figured out.  I have so many things I hope to accomplish and I am ready to get started!

2 comments:

  1. good job writing this out. they(ahem all the fancy shmancy books on organization and success) say that people who write out their goals are like WAY more likely to reach them. i hate writing things out, but because of that fact, I did try to write a few goals down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a productive year :) It's amazing that we are all ready to ring in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete