The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, June 28, 2013

Things people ask you when you announce you're pregnant

I should say, "Things people ask you when you announce you're pregnant with your fourth."  I am pretty sure no one asked me these things when we announced we were pregnant with our first.



1.  "Do you know what causes that?"  or sometimes, "You do know what causes that, right?"
Is there a right answer to this question??  Um, obviously we do.  Should I say, "I like what causes it," or better, "No, what?"  This question irritates me.

2.  "Was this planned?"
Well, first, I'm not sure how this is anyone's business, nor do I see how it matters whether or not it was planned.  The fact remains I am pregnant so does it really matter if it was a surprise or not?

3.  "Is this your last?"
I'll just answer this now.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Unless we change our minds.  Or adopt.  So maybe, or maybe not.

4.  "Are you guys crazy?"  This is always said in a voice that suggests only totally crazy weirdos would ever dare to have four kids.
Well, I don't think we are crazy.  There are four kids in my family, Jason's mom is one of four, so it seems clear, we aren't the only ones to ever have four kids.  And, my kids are pretty great, so it isn't as if my kids have been a deterrent to having more kids.

5.  "How does Jason feel about this?"
I like how this question implies I somehow "tricked" him into getting me pregnant.  Jason is excited and so am I.  It may not have been in our exact timing (after all, I was trying to train for a half marathon), but we are still excited!

I don't know how other pregnant moms feel, but in my opinion there are better questions to ask.

Here are a few.

"How are you feeling?"
"When are you due?"
"What do you think you're having?"
"Will you find out what you are having?"
"Any weird cravings yet?"

Those all seem like perfectly reasonable questions to ask.  But like I said, that is just my opinion.

And in case you are wondering, I am 8 weeks, due in the very beginning of February, feeling pretty miserable, thinking it is a boy, for sure finding out, and not craving anything!  Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Do not understand why anyone would ask questions like that! Maybe because I came from a big family? I like big families. You always have someone that will play with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Yay, so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I don't know why I didn't know this! we totally want 4 and people asked me lots of question like that with just 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love you and every single one in your family. i am happy for you all and i know you are excited even if you do not get to train for a marathon in the oklahoma heat. you and jason are great parents and would be to 5 6 7 8 kids if you chose. just gives grandparents more to love on and spoil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! lol about those questions and your answers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you crazy? :-) Misty Wright

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah congrats! Heck, I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Congrats to you :) Yay!!

    ReplyDelete