The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reverse Bucket List

The past couple of years, I have made myself and the kids a summer bucket list.  And guess what?  I have never completed it.  Surprise, surprise!  Turns out, sometimes things come up.  Sometimes I don't feel like making t-shirts using sandpaper or making homemade suckers.  And sometimes, it gets to be 115 degrees outside and the only thing you can do is sit inside and watch movies all day!

So........this year I decided to do things a bit different.  I'm going to just keep track of all the great things we do and feel great about spending fun times with my kids instead of feeling guilty because I didn't get everything done off of a stupid list!  Maybe you don't have the same problem as me, but not finishing lists drives me bonkers!

Here's a few of the things we have already done this summer!



Bought a cheap-o Walmart pool and let them swim to their hearts content.  (Not pictured is the sunburn they suffered after three hours outside!  Praise the Lord for lavender oil!)


Made cloud dough and played with it all morning on the back porch!


Toured the Blue Bell plant and had ice cream for an early morning snack!  Lawson did surprisingly well thanks to the help of several awesome friends that were with us!


Spent time at Granny and Grandpa's bird watching and taking nature walks.  I see many of these trips in our future.  The kids LOVE going over to spend time with their great grandparents!


Picked up golf clubs to begin to learn how to play.  LaFortune Park in Tulsa has a club rental program for kids which is so nice because you don't have to buy new clubs as your kiddos grow!  Molly and Isabelle can share the same size and Jason is going to give lessons!

Not pictured is a trip to our local library to sign up for the summer reading program, the clown show we saw at Conner's Cove (a theater at the local library), or taking Chick-fil-A to dad's work to eat lunch with him!

I have lots of fun things planned this summer, but I am also giving myself a break if I don't get a million things done.  What is important is spending quality time with the kids doing quality activities!  Not checking things off of a list!!  My inner perfectionist is going to take a little vacation this summer!

What fun things have you done this year?

1 comment:

  1. hmm, do swimming lessons count? We just started them yesterday. I feel like summer is a break for me as well as them. I have some things I would like to do but I am pretty lax about doing them :)

    ReplyDelete