The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Adventures in Cooking-Crockpot Edition

Since I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had not been trying new recipes, things have taken quite a turn around our house.  I have actually been cooking new recipes and trying to find new (and economical) things for the fam to eat.  I know there has been a big crockpot movement on facebook, and if you haven't visited the crockpot girls, you should.  They have a ton of great recipes and who doesn't like an easy dinner once and awhile?

These are two recipes for crockpot dinners that we have had recently.  Both yummy.  Both easy.

First up,

Holiday Bean Casserole.

I found this recipe while searching for a vegetarian meal to make for dinner.  I was thinking more beans and cornbread, or red beans and rice type of meal, but it is so hard to find a bean recipe that doesn't involve PORK.  And in case you didn't know it before, I don't eat pork.  So this recipe looked perfect.  It also looked different, which I liked.  It is easy to prepare, and delicious.  As far as the kids go, Molly refused to even try it and spent her time squishing the beans on the table.  Belle, on the other hand, picked out all the "pink beans" or kidney beans and ate just them, but at least she was eating!

Next,

Creamy Ranch Chicken.

There is no link, you will just have to copy it down!  I honestly don't know where I got this recipe.  I copied and pasted it into a word document and saved it.  It is from someone else, not me, and the poor person isn't getting any credit for it.  Sorry.  It is too yummy not to share even if I can't say whose recipe it was originally.

3-4 Boneless chicken breasts


4 Tbsp melted butter (divided)

1 packet Ranch dressing mix (divided)

1 package cream cheese (8 oz.), cubed

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can chicken broth -or- 1 bouillon cube and 1.5 cups water

Wash and dry chicken and place evenly in crock pot. Sprinkle about 1/2 of ranch packet over chicken. Drizzle with half of melted butter. Combine remaining of ingredients in bowl. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Stir occasionally. Serve over noodles or rice.

We had this served over jasmine rice and it was very, very good.  Kids ate it up.  One of few dinners both kids will eat and ask for more.

What are your favorite crockpot meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment