Last week I read another article about kids and television. Of course it was about the fact that kids watch too much t.v. and that the recommendation was still no television for kids under the age of 2. Television watching, according to the study, can lead to sleep problems and delayed speech among other things. This got me to feeling guilty, again, about how much t.v. my kids watch during the day. Way more than none to be exact. And I hate that, I hate that guilty feeling that comes along with just about every decision I make as a mother. So I decided to make a list for you, a list of my mommy confessions about things that make me feel guilty as a mom.
Hope you can maybe relate somewhat to some of these! If not, you are one super momma!
1. My kids watch television. I won't try and justify it by telling you what they watch, though I do think certain programs have got to be better than others.
2. There are days when I look back at what my kids ate for the day and realize there wasn't a single vegetable, green or otherwise. Yesterday they had yogurt for breakfast with toast, then pb&j for lunch with fruit, and pancakes for dinner. Not the most healthy day at our house.
3. Some days I spend a little too much time on the www. and not enough playing toys.
4. It is hard for me to remember to brush their teeth twice a day every day. I can't do it at the same time I do mine as they are usually in bed before I brush my teeth for the night. So, some nights they go to bed with dirty teeth.
5. I also don't read to them every single day. Most days, yes. Every day, no. Sometimes I just don't have the patience to force them to sit still and listen. So on the days they aren't into it, I don't force it.
There you go, five of my mommy confessions. These are the ones that bother me the most. The ones I am constantly trying to get better at. I have more things that I could list....like how I sometimes have to walk away from the changing table while Molly is lying there so I can go get something...like a diaper out of the dryer, but that is another confession for another day.
What are your confessions? The things that make you feel guilty as a mom? I would love to know I am not alone in all of this!!!