The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, December 16, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

I know today is Friday, but I don't have five related pieces of information that are worth sharing.  Instead, I am sharing a recipe I came across and made last night.

Have you ever had one of those days?  You know, the kind of days where everything that could go wrong, did?  That was my day yesterday.  I could tell you all about it, but I am pretty sure it would just come across as me complaining.  Let's just say that I am glad today is a new day.  Hopefully my kids realize it is a new day also.

Despite how horrible yesterday was and the fact that I spent about 85% of the day crying (hormonal much?) I still was able to make this delicious soup.  That should tell you how easy it was.  If a hormonal, crying, crazy, pregnant lady can make this while her children are losing their minds, you can too!  It was so easy and so delicious. 

Here is it.


Broccoli Cheese Soup

Now I have not ever had Panera's broccoli cheese soup, but my sister is a huge fan and I am anxious for her to try this and tell me how it compares.  Jason and I both LOVED it.  Seriously, it was pretty yummy.  And I think we were both a little surprised at how much we loved it.  Especially considering I was cooking it while in the middle of a pretty crappy day.

You should try this soup....now.  For reals, go make this soup.  You won't regret it.

Couple of side notes.....I don't like onions, so I never, ever, ever use as much onion as a recipe calls for.  Second, I found I didn't have to cook the butter/flour/salt/pepper/milk mixture very long for it to thicken up.  Perhaps I had the heat up too high???  Whatever the reason, it was pretty thick in under five minutes.  Lastly, the tip for the broccoli at the very beginning is exactly how I cooked my broccoli.  I know that microwaving veggies takes a lot of nutrients out, but yesterday was the microwave your veggies kind of day.  Oh, one more thing (even though I just said lastly)...it really doesn't make much more than four servings, so if you want more, double it.

Let me know if you try it, and if you like it.  It will make a regular appearance on our dinner table.  Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry my hormonal friend. I'll definitely have to give this a try, like yesterday. Needing more quick, easy, healthy, cheap meals that will feed us all. Isn't everybody?
    Hope today was better.
    And tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete