The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Coupons

Today's blog is great if you are one of those compulsive coupon types who loves to plan your dinners around what coupons you have and enjoy the thrill of getting $100 of groceries for $0.80.  I am not one of those people.  I do however use coupons when I go to the store and I do make a point to find what coupons I can that will help me save a few dollars here and there when I go to the store.

My grandma was a couponer (if that is a word).  She would get her grocery store fliers, her coupons and her list and go crazy.  She was great with money and always had plenty of it because of smart decision making and smart spending habits.  I am pretty sure I saw her, on more than one occasion, go back to a store to get what amounted to less than a dollar back because the store overcharged her for something that was on sale!  Now, I simply don't have time to do that, but I do have time to look online and in the Sunday paper for coupons and you might also!  And so I bring you a few handy websites to help fulfill your couponing goals/obsession no matter how big or small.

http://www.coupons.com/  this is a great website for printing coupons.  I can usually find several dollars of savings.  I only print coupons for items that are already on my list and are going to be used pretty much right away.  If you are a coupon fanatic you can print all of them, look for items already on sale and then use the coupon on sale items and save a bundle.  This requires that you either have the energy to hunt down bargains or that you are willing to plan your meals around your coupons.

www.smartsource.com is another great website for online coupons.  Very similar to the site above.

www.moneysavingqueen.com.  This is really the motherload.  I have saved the best for last.  I went to high school with the Money Saving Queen, Sarah Roe.  She is a crazy woman when it comes to coupons.  On her site you can find matchups (where they tell you what is on sale that matches a recent coupon) to multiple stores including CVS, Walgreens, Reasors, Walmart and Target.  She also posts coupons, and offers for free or bogo offers on her website and on her facebook page.  I have recently scored coupons for $5 off 5 Kraft items, bogo coupons to Jamba Juice, Horizon milk coupons and learned about a way to get free chips and queso from Chili's.  This is a great website and I encourage you to check her out or 'like' her on facebook. 

Using coupons isn't going to revolutionize my spending, but it might change yours.  Some people enjoy the thrill of extreme couponing.  Everyone should enjoy saving money.  Even if you have tons of money that you know you will never spend in your lifetime, you can always save money and give it away, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment