The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November

I looked back at my blog and how much I have written during the past couple of months and I was pretty sad!  I have so much I want to write about and so little time to do it.  Unfortunatley, I don't see my schedule getting any easier in the next couple of months. 
The holiday season around our house is a little chaotic.  And that is putting it mildly.  Between birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and all that accompanies those events, I barely have time to work, much less to blog.  Jason and I both being from divorced families means that at Christmas we get to enjoy something like 423 different celebrations...okay so that is an exaggeration, but it is a lot.  We also used to travel during the holidays, but now that we have two kiddos we try to stay as close to home as possible.  We have also decided that every Christmas morning will be spent at home just our family.

the girls last year
Here is a glimpse into what we already have planned the next couple of months!

This weekend we will celebrate Isabelle's 3rd birthday with mostly family .  Our mostly family will include at least 18 people.  I will also be Christmas shopping for the girls this weekend.
Next weekend, the one before Thanksgiving will be spent with close friends.  One couple on Saturday night and one couple on Sunday for lunch.  Since Jason and I don't get to hang with friends very often I am super looking forward to next weekend!

The week of Thanksgiving is going to be busy with relatives visiting from Utah, Nevada, Kansas and Washington.  We will be preparing and eating lots of yummy food and watching our #2 Cowboys dominate during their weekend game. (hehe)
While you may think things would slow down, we also have my brother's birthday, my niece's birthday, Jason's birthday, Jason's office Christmas party, Christmas celebration with Jason's mom, celebration with my dad, celebration with my mom, and our own celebration with just our family.  Then another visit from Jason's mom and after all the celebrations are over with, we have three weeks to paint and decorate and build furniture for the big changeover of the rooms in our house.  Oh, and then sometime on or before January 19th I will be having a baby!  And those are just the things that are already on the calendar.

It is going to be CRAZY.  Most of it crazy good, though, so that is a plus.  It is easy for me to get overwhelmed this time of year.  It is easy to focus on the negative things, rather than all of the positive ones....SO this year my goal is to remain positive and enjoy and embrace the craziness.  And I hope to be able to blog more than like once a month!  We shall see!  What are your holiday plans?

3 comments:

  1. It's no wonder I never get to see you anymore ;)
    Has NOTHING to do withhubbys schedule or the ONE car we have.
    Can you believe Belle is 3?!
    This is the second year in a row we are hosting thanksgiving. My brothers family will be here, as well as my Pops. David's Mum and Dad will be joining us this year as well. The house is going to be full of males when it's usually females, so that's going to be strange.
    Hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! I feel like I'm entering survival mode too...just smile and nod and sleep when you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is a busy list!!

    We have a lot of birthdays from Dec 1 through January, so I am determined to get most of my shopping done for Christmas by Dec 1. We'll see what happens.....

    ReplyDelete