The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Adventures in Cooking: Cookies and Cornbread

I made a couple of new recipes last week and they were soooo delish.  Thought I would share them with you!

First, Triple Corn Squares and Bean Sauce



I'll be honest, bean sauce doesn't sound that appetizing, but don't worry, it is just black beans mixed with salsa.  You serve said bean sauce on some ah-mazing corn bread.  Jason is always trying to get me to add actual corn to my cornbread but I am not a girl who likes her food chunky, so I never do.  I have weird texture issues.  Anyway, since we are still trying to eat meat free at least 4-5 times a week I am constantly looking for great recipes that the whole family will enjoy.  I think my girls would have liked this if they would have tried it, but they refused.  Maybe next time!  Either way, I will be making this again, and again, and again.  It was super good and super easy.  My kind of dinner.

As for the newest cookie, I made PW's Oatmeal Cookies.



OHMIGOSH.  These were pretty scrumptious.  Now, I must tell you that I did not add any nuts to them.  It goes back to me being weird.  I don't like nuts in my cookies.  At all.  Or in brownies for that matter.  Or ice cream.  Come to think of it, I can't think of anything that I like to add nuts to but that is beside the point.  Anyway, these cookies were awesome.  I did find it a bit odd that there was no cinnamon in them because every other oatmeal cookie recipe I have uses cinnamon, but they were still good.  And in addition to them tasting great, they looked great.  Which I appreciate in a cookie. 

So there you go a couple of great, fall inspired recipes that taste delicious and aren't too tough to make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment