The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Updates on Kids and Cooking

Let me start out by saying that having computer issues sucks!  Our computer has decided to only work when it feels like it, making blogging somewhat difficult.  We have yet to take it in to be looked at because, well, if you wait a few minutes, turn it upside down and restart it, it may work again.  Weird, huh?  Seriously though, turning it upside down really works.

On to more important matters, Belle and Molly. 

The girls are doing well.  Molly has been a bit under the weather, but she is almost 100% again.  Belle is full of energy as usual and has developed an adorable habit of repeating every word her father or I say.  It is so annoying cute.  I am so glad that I never say anything that is questionable.  Or Jason for that matter.  We both keep it nice and clean around here.  Except last night when she said weenie.  Can't wait for her to repeat that at church.  And just so you know Jason was talking about a cucumber when he called it a green weenie.  Belle repeated the weenie part only.

Today I took the girls on their first outdoor wagon ride.  The weather here is strangely nice, which I hate, but the girls LOVE.  They both did really well, no one fell out. 

Other than that things are pretty much same as always around here.  Molly is still just pulling up, not walking.  She still has only one tooth.  She has developed a love for Charlie Brown thanks to her Auntie Leigh who sent her and Belle a Charlie Brown doll, but other than Char Brown (that is what Belle calls him) love, Molly is pretty much the same.  Same for Belle.  Except for the repeating, oh yeah, and asking "why?" every five minutes.

It did dawn on me the other day that I will only be able to call Molly an infant for two more months.  I almost lost it at the thought of her turning one, so I am going to avoid talking about it now also!

My cooking adventures have continued and with amazing success.  I have made the Pioneer Woman's pizza crust, chicken tortilla soup, and mac n cheese, and all were delicious.  I have avoided desserts since making the delicious homemade Oreo cookies, but have planned to make Jason a very special dessert next week.  Since he will read this, you will have to wait to find out what it will be also.   I think I might be in love with PW.  I have also decided that if I am going to continue cooking it might be time to invest in some basic cooking utensils/pots/pans/dishes.  Every time I go to try something new I realize how lacking I am in kitchen necessities.  So far I have made it work, but eventually I may have to break down and invest in my cooking arsenal.

So that is it, we are good, we are healthy and we are getting fat from all the cooking I am doing.  See you tomorrow provided the computer is working!!!

2 comments: