The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, February 11, 2011

Let the purge begin....

For the past two weeks one of the four people living in my house has been sick.  At one point we were all sick.  The past few days it has been just me that was sick.  The point I am trying to make here is that sickness has lived in our house for two LONG weeks and my house has suffered because of it.

I thought about posting pics of different disgustingly dirty areas of my home to show you just how much my house does need to be purged....but I am too embarrassed.  It's a mess over here.

The laundry has piled up.
The dishes have piled up.
The floor crunches when you walk (thanks to the cheerios that Molly has thrown around the house).
There is an inch-thick layer of dust on all surfaces.
I won't even discuss the bathroom situation....I HATE cleaning bathrooms!

I think I might have to clean for 48 straight hours to make a dent in the situation.

My blog has suffered, my kids have been neglected, emails have not been returned, Isabelle has watched WAY too many hours of television.  Things are all out of whack.

But today is a new day.  Today I am beginning the process of getting my house, my kids, my life back in order. 

Since I missed yesterday's Embrace the Camera day, I thought I would post one of my fav pics of Jason with Isabelle.  Taken by C.C. Miller Photography.


She is such a daddy's girl! 

Now off to clean!

1 comment:

  1. *sigh*
    that has been like the last 8-ish months of my life. the first trimester threw me for a loop this time around and i still struggle daily to get through it all. but...at least i try...right?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete