The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday

My day of updates has arrived.  I have lots of things to update you on! 

First, the kiddos.


BTW...that is a plastic hot dog Molly is chewing on, and Belle rockin' the towel after bath!

I think they both grew an inch this past week.  Seriously, they look huge to me.  I can't even stomach the thought that Molly is going to be one in a month.  Where does the time go?  Belle has started saying more new words and phrases and she cracks me up everyday.  Here are some of the most precious/funny things she has said recently.

"Yeah, hun."  When I call her or ask her something she calls me, Hun, like honey.  I guess maybe her dad and I say that a lot???

"Oh my goodness."  She says this pretty regularly.  The first time I heard her say it I was pulling up pictures of her on the computer.  She saw her pictures and with complete suprise said, "Oh my goodness."  It was presh.

"Yes, Sir" and "Yes, Mam"  She says this in response to being corrected and even though she has just done something wrong, I can't help but think how cute she is when she says it!

Next, my adventures in cooking. 

I continue to make something new, if not every week, at least once every two weeks.  I have tried to calm down on the desserts as to not gain a million pounds.  I am running in a 5K in April and running is harder when you are fat!  HA!  Anyway......one of the newest things I have attempted...and don't be too shockced by this next part......PW's Comfort Meatballs. These meatballs are not for spagetti, but are more like mini-meatloaf-balls.  My description doesn't exactly make your mouth water, but they were pretty delish.  If you don't mind a little work, and you like meatloaf, give these a try.  Here is the recipe.    I served them with mashed potatoes and a salad!  YUM.   Love that Pioneer Woman.

Lastly, and update on my blog.  I am going to be attempting to make some changes to the layout/design over the next couple of weeks.  If it looks weird or funny or out of whack next time you visit, I apologize.  I am new to all of this and really have no idea what I am doing, but am determined to learn.  So thanks for your patience!  I am also abandoning any sort of attempt to have a day set aside for a certain topic.  If I have a money saving idea on Tuesday, I am going to post it on Tuesday.  If I have a funny kid story on Saturday I am going to post it...no more silliness of certain days being certain topics!  And, at the request of one of my readers (he, he!), I am going to try and post more often, maybe even every day!!!

Hope you all have a great Monday.  If any of you have a great recipe or know a lot about blog design and would like to share, please leave me a comment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment