The Pioneer Woman has a new show starting this Saturday on Food Network. I will not be watching it because I don't have cable. I have not been sad about not having cable until now. I think I might cry. In honor of PW's new show, I thought I would do five of my fav PW recipes that you must try. Like tonight. Seriously, they are awesome.
In no particular order.
1. Blackberry Ice Cream. This ice cream is worth the work. It is delicious. I have only made it a couple of times, but I like it more with each bite.
2. Thanksgiving Stuffing. Okay, so maybe you can wait to make this one. But truly, I love this stuffing. I have always been a stove top kind of girl. (I realize many of you are cringing right now) Jason has always been a more fancy kind of stuffing eater. This is perfect for both of us. We even make this when it isn't Thanksgiving and add in a rotisserie chicken and have a delicious meal. LOVE IT.
3. Cinnamon Rolls. Simply the best you have ever eaten. They are more wonderful than words can describe. Just writing about them is making me want to make a batch. Melt in your mouth, wonderful, gooey, cinnamon-y goodness. Make them now. And since I know this recipe makes a LOT of rolls, you can bring a pan by to my house.
4. Chicken Fried Steak. I actually think this is what she is making on her first show. Jason made us her chicken fried steak last year for Christmas Dinner. I think that is what I will request this year also. We are obviously Okies.
5. Comfort Meatballs. I love these. They are like mini meatloaves and I have posted about them before. If you need a dinner idea that everyone will love, make these. Yummy.
6. Blackberry Cobbler. Okay, okay, I realize this is six, not five. I could not bear to see this left off the list. If you are a person who doesn't like pie crust (like me) this is perfect for you. All the goodness of a fruit cobbler, without the nastiness that is pie crust. Add some vanilla ice cream and you are in heaven.
There you go. Start cooking. And if you are lucky enough to have cable, be sure to watch PW tomorrow on the Food Network.