The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Five: This week

Summer seems to be a tough time to get blogs written and posted.  Last summer it was because I was busy throwing up, but that is not the case right now.  Instead we have been staying busy and having fun.  Here's what we have been up to this past week, Friday Five style.

1.  Playing with my new IPhone 4s. 


Okay, so really it is just me that has been playing with my new phone.  There is so much that this thing can do, and as a person who has never owned a smart phone (shocking, I know) I have a lot to catch up on.  Icloud. Imessage. Ilove.

2.  Playing in the sprinkler. 


You had to know that if I made a checklist, I was going to have to start checking things off, right?  That is just how I roll.  So, we drug out the sprinkler and the girls went crazy for all of ten seconds.  Then they were done.  Until I started watering the flowers and then they were all about getting wet.  For some weird reason they don't like the sprinkler, but love when I spray them with the hose.  Who knows.



3.  Picking berries (again).



The first time we went with Jason's mom and I took zero pictures.  This time I had my new phone and so taking pics was a little easier!  It was very windy and I am pretty sure Molly ate just as many berries as we brought home.  We did have enough to make some yummy muffins for breakfast this morning though. 



4.  Getting ready for vacation.


these pics were taken at two different times.  no matter what, this place always seems to look the same.
We will be staying at my mom's lake house (which sounds weird since I used to call it my grandparent's lake house) at the Lake of the Ozarks.  We decided that three nights would be more than enough for our first trip away as a family of five.  The drive is currently our biggest fear (it will probably take us five hours) followed by not having enough to do.  Jas and I would be content to do nothing, but turns out kids don't really go for that plan.


5.  Trying to decide whether or not to do a series on budgeting. 
Really, does anyone care about my budgeting skills?  Especially since the vast majority of my readers are my family?  But then I see yet another blog on doing a budget and saving money and it drives me crazy because they aren't doing it right.  I saw a budget post today (one that was supposed to be advising others) and her income minus expenses did not equal zero.  That my friends is NOT a budget.  I am not sure that anyone cares about my mad money skills and I am less convinced that people want my opinion on what to do with their money so I am still on the fence.

That was our week.  Semi-eventful.  Mostly just hanging on until today when we will start a very nice long stretch of having Jason home and hanging out with us!  What are your plans for Memorial Day?

4 comments:

  1. 'bout time to update the blog pic. do not want lawson to get a complex. enjoy the holiday. love you, pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun holiday :) I hear you on keeping the girls busy - we bring lots of activities where ever we go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in how you budget.
    p.s. You never did call me back the other night. I assume it wasn't important?

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.p.s. Next time you go berry picking will you please take the girls and I? Thanks

    ReplyDelete