The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Random Ramblings.....

So, I've been a little slacking on the blog front.  Want to know what has been going on?

1.  Jason's dad came for a visit.  It was his first time meeting Lawson.  Lawson had a great time and I am pretty sure Pawpaw did also.  The girls were also glad for the visit, though they missed Elaine, Jason's step mom.  While he was here we took the kiddos to the zoo.  They l.o.v.e.d. it.  We took them on a carousel ride (Molly's first) and they both said it was their favorite part.  Here are some pics of the trip!





2.  I have been pondering how weird it must be to have adult children.  Like how my parents must feel.  It makes me beyond sad to think that there will be a day where my kids will stop sitting on my lap and stop giving me hugs and kisses like a million times a day.  In fact, there will probably be a point at which they have to tell me, "Mom, seriously, stop trying to kiss me all the time."  I can't imagine how weird and sad that will be.  Obviously my mom doesn't want to hold me or shower me with kisses anymore, which is the weird part.  When do you stop wanting it?  Is it at the same time as your kids stop or after?  Are you sad?  Is that why grand kids are so awesome?  Thankfully I still have little ones to kiss and hug. 

3.  Lawson is getting big.  I have never been more conflicted in my emotions.  I want to make him stop growing and grow faster at the same time all day every day.  Stay small, but get big enough to sleep through the night or wipe your own butt, or talk, but please don't get any bigger.  Of course, that is in its own category of weird.  A tiny, talking, butt wiping baby???  Super bizarre. 

how could you not want to kiss this face all. the. time?

4.  It is summer time here in OK which means two things.  One, I am back on the, "I need a pool," kick and two, my air conditioner is running non stop making me a crazy person fretting over the electric bill.  Okay, I am not seriously worried about the bill, but I would like to find a way to not be paying out the ears this summer.  What do you think is a reasonable temp for the thermostat to be on during the day?  I have no clue what other people keep theirs on.

5.  Lastly, I think we may take a little summer vacay this year.  My mom has a lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks and I think we may try to go.  Camping is just out of the question for this fall and I want to get away for a bit...sooo the lake house may be the solution.  Beds to sleep on, toilets to pee in, showers, and electricity all while being able to enjoy the out of doors?  Sign me up.  I think.  It is a five hour drive and I am not sure how much we could find to do, so I am still a little unsure.  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on!! Love the pics from the zoo -and your little man is seriously adorable :)

    I am all for vacation, as long as it included running water, showers and toilets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a parent of adult children let me say it is no fun when your kids no longer are the age and size they can sit on your lap, hugging you and letting you kiss them. you want to shower them with the outward expression of your inner love. but i guess that is... just the way it is. who ever made that rule needs a time out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how we get each other's randomness! Kids are so cute, I totally get the grow up/stay the same mixed emotion, I think 72 is a happy thermostat number most of the time, and yes, always go on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, its fun to have little kids sitting on your lap and sharing giggles and kisses. Its also great to have adult children that you can share conversations with and who (hopefully) come see you and call you just because they want to and not because you live in the same house. A time for every season...

    ReplyDelete