The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, September 19, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

I realize it has been awhile since I posted any of my newest kitchen experiments.  Truthfully I have not been as faithful to make something new every week.  I have made some new things, and since they are husband tested and approved, I thought I would share.  As for my kiddos, well they are a little harder to please, but don't let that stop you from making these yummy dishes!

First up is a great crock pot recipe. 

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff


I will admit that I was a little skeptical at first.  But this turned out to be the best Stroganoff I have had in a VERY long time.  It was so yummy.  Jason loved it, I loved it and I can't wait to make it again.

Next is what we had for dinner this evening.  Again, the kids weren't huge fans, but they really haven't been fans of anything other than mac n cheese, grilled cheese, or grapes lately.

Chinese Takeout Lemon Chicken


Mine did not look like the picture, but was still great.  I also did not find snow peas so I used sugar snap peas instead.  Pretty easy to prepare if you look at the recipe beforehand, which I never do so I always end up a little stressed.  Also approved by the hubs. 

So there you go, two of my newest kitchen creations.  Up next is rosemary chicken and potatoes, un-fried chicken and chicken pot pie!  I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment