The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our lives...

I haven't done an updates post in a bit, so I thought you should know what is going on these days in our lives.

I'll start with J.  He is easy to talk about.  He works.  All. the. time.  I am not complaining.  We are so blessed that he has the job and the employer that he does.  During this economy his company has actually grown and stayed busy while others are falling apart.  He has a great boss and fantastic coworkers, so it is hard to complain.  Eventually it will slow down (I think) and things will get back to a normal pace for him, but for now he is super busy. 

Belle.  I could write forever about that girl.  She is so stinkin' funny.  She has been telling Jason and I that we are her honey bun, sweet pea, baby cakes and sugar pie.  Then we have to tell her that she is the same thing.  If she says we are her sweet pea, we are expected to tell her she is our sweet pea, not our baby cakes.  If we don't say the same thing she corrects us.  She has also been thoroughly enjoying the outdoors.  Since it has been cooler (with the exception of today's 96!) the girls have been able to play outside more.  I think Isabelle would live outside if she could!  Jason and I took both the girls to the park on Sunday morning and Belle was in hysterics when it was time to leave.  She is totally into reading.  Yes, I said reading.  No, she can't read yet, but she is sure trying.  We spell words, sound them out and say what they are and while I realize she is mainly learning from memorization, not from phonics right now, I am okay with it!  She knows quite a few words and likes to see them in places other than her books...for example, stop signs.  LOVES them. 

Molly is great as well.  She is saying more words, putting words together and cracks me up with some of the things she repeats.  I am pretty sure she is in the process of getting two more teeth which for Molly means a little diaper rash, nasty poo diapers, crankiness and difficulty sleeping.  It is awesome.  NOT.  She loves to brush her teeth and similar to how her sister was, asks to do it about 50 times a day.  Hopefully these girls have their dad's teeth and not mine.  She is also in cloth diapers pretty much full time now.  We are loving them and since I went ahead and purchased a package of 24 diapers, I am not having to wash them as much.  None of my initial concerns have turned out to be valid.  It really is just as easy as disposables.  The only thing I have done is put her in disposables for church and when she is with family members who aren't exactly down with cloth yet.  They will be eventually!!!  Pretty soon they won't have a choice!!  We have even decided to do cloth wipes!  Have we lost our minds?  Molly is my sweet girl.  I am sure I have said that before, but I am saying it again.  She is so sweet.  She chases Jason down in the morning when he is leaving and when he gets home in the evenings saying, "kiss, kiss" over and over again until she gets a hug and a kiss.  She still loves to sit on my lap and snuggle and doesn't mind when her sister puts her in a choke hold to hug her.

And I am just dandy as well.  Trying to stay busy.....HA.  I am working a lot in MK, doing a Tuesday morning Bible Study, and attempting to keep up with the house and the girls.  We have decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year with Jason's family and so in addition to getting our garage sale together, we are also trying to get some things done around the house before the holiday season arrives.  It is surprising to me how quickly you accumulate things and have things fall apart in your house when you have children.  After seeing it firsthand there are a lot of things Jason and I have decided to wait on until the kids are older.  Seems crazy to get new carpet or hardwood floors when kids just puke on them, spill drinks on them and track dirt all over them!  Again, not complaining, just stating a fact.  Kids mess stuff up! 

Anyway, that is what is up with us.  I think we may have a boy's name FINALLY.  Not saying it yet in case J decides he doesn't like it after all.  Here are a few recent pics of the girls enjoying the weather outside!





Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment