The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, September 30, 2011

Molly

Today Molly is one and a half. Whoa. Where did my little baby go? Can't believe that this baby....




is now this baby.


It is hard to believe how fast time has gone by.  Most days I will tell you time is dragging on and on and on, but then it is time for a well check and I freak out thinking it can't possibly be that my children are old enough for another well check.

Here are some things about Molly at 18 months. 

Molly is in the 49% for weight and the 90% for height.  Her sister was thinner and shorter at her age. (Not that I would compare!)  Her head size is in the 97%, so as I have suspected all along, she takes right after her father!!!!  She is wearing mostly 18 month clothes, though if you put her in a disposable diaper for church, those pants fall right off.  Her shoe size is a 6 1/2.  She is sporting quite the mullet and her hair is a bit lighter than Isabelle's. 

Molly has also become quite the talker.  Her favorite phrases are, "Oh no," "excuse me," "don't want it," and "get it," when wanting me to pick something up for her.  She says a TON of words and at this point will repeat anything her sister says (or does for that matter.)  It is pretty precious to watch her mimic Isabelle and want to be just like her big sister.  She has started to sing some songs also and her favorite shows on TV are Baby Signing Time and Blues Clues.  She can tell you some colors and some animal sounds. 

She is still a cuddle bug and still prefers her momma to her daddy.  She gives about a million hugs and kisses a day to whoever will have them.  She loves the outdoors and wants to play outside with sister constantly.  She is also quite the daredevil.  I will eventually post the video of her jumping off the coffee table onto the chair.  Pretty crazy how fearless she is.  I am sure she gets that from J also, because I am nothing like that.

Molly eats likes a horse and unlike Isabelle doesn't really have a favorite food, unless you count juice as a food.  Because she doesn't drink milk, she gets juice in the mornings and she would continue to drink it all day long if I would let her.  When Molly is hungry, she is cranky (another Jason similarity) and you can always tell when she is getting full when she starts dancing at the table.

Molly is a great sleeper.  She takes a nap during the day and sleeps about 12 hours at night.  If she isn't in bed by 7 pm, things get a little crazy and despite our repeated attempts to get her to have a later bed time, she always goes back to 7 pm. 

I am a little sad about the fact that Molly won't be my baby for much longer.  I don't know why it upsets me, but it does.  I think she might have a harder time adjusting to a new baby than Isabelle will simply because she has been my baby for so long.  She already hates it when Isabelle is on my lap and she isn't. 

I love my Molly girl.  She has been such a blessing to our family.  She is such a different child and so wonderful and great in her own way.  I am so thankful to be her mom and see her grow up and learn and experience new things.  I can't wait to see her love on and play with her new baby brother.

 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
Psalm 125:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment