Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love when the tree in my front yard looks like this:
I love when it gets too cold in my house from leaving the windows open. I love fall.
Here are my top five fav things about fall.
(in no particular order)
1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I haven't had one yet this year. Haven't found a reason to justify the extra caffeine while pregnant, but make no mistake, I will have one. Soon.
2. Cloudy, cool, rainy weather. I love weather that makes you want to curl up under a blanket with a good book. Of course that is harder to do now that I have children, but I still love it.
3. Hoodies, sweaters, boots, turtlenecks.....all fall clothing. Shorts and tank tops are not for me. I love the fact that it is cool enough to layer up!
4. Leaves changing color. Maybe, just maybe this year I will make it to the Talimena Drive. Supposed to be great fall color there. I am a little concerned about fall color this year due to the drought.
5. Fall food. Soups, stews, chili, bread, all warm foods. Tonight I am making chicken and dressing. I am so excited. There is something so nice about being able to turn on my oven without my house getting insanely hot.
So there it is, five of the millions of reasons why I love this time of year. My least favorite time of year....in case you didn't know...SUMMER. So glad it is over. Happy Fall.