The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Five-Fall

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  I love when the tree in my front yard looks like this:


I love when it gets too cold in my house from leaving the windows open.  I love fall.

Here are my top five fav things about fall.

(in no particular order)

1.  Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I haven't had one yet this year.  Haven't found a reason to justify the extra caffeine while pregnant, but make no mistake, I will have one.  Soon.

2.  Cloudy, cool, rainy weather.  I love weather that makes you want to curl up under a blanket with a good book.  Of course that is harder to do now that I have children, but I still love it.

3.  Hoodies, sweaters, boots, turtlenecks.....all fall clothing.  Shorts and tank tops are not for me.  I love the fact that it is cool enough to layer up!

4.  Leaves changing color.  Maybe, just maybe this year I will make it to the Talimena Drive.  Supposed to be great fall color there.  I am a little concerned about fall color this year due to the drought.

5.  Fall food.  Soups, stews, chili, bread, all warm foods.  Tonight I am making chicken and dressing.  I am so excited.  There is something so nice about being able to turn on my oven without my house getting insanely hot. 

So there it is, five of the millions of reasons why I love this time of year.  My least favorite time of year....in case you didn't know...SUMMER.  So glad it is over.  Happy Fall.

2 comments:

  1. as a fat person, i will agree about summer. however i loath the cold,cold winter. the snow, the heating bill, not being able to jog... ok i don't jog, but if i did i would hate doing it in the cold snow!

    ReplyDelete