The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Isabelle

It is official.  Isabelle had her ENT appt on Monday, and just as we suspected, her adenoids need to come out. 

It is a weird feeling when someone tells you that your three year old needs surgery.  I had expected to feel freaked out and crazy and worried and such....but I didn't.  I actually felt sort of relieved.  Glad to have an answer for all of the 'things' that we deal with.  Like the snoring, and the constant waking up in the night, and the dry lips, and the refusal to eat just about anything that is put in front of her, and the whining all. the. time. 
Not that I am looking forward to surgery, because I am not.  But, I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.  I am sad that Isabelle has had to deal with all of that for so long.  Especially the sleep issue, because kids really need their sleep.  I am confident that she will do just fine.  I am confident that the surgery will go great and that there won't be any complications.  I also wish there was another way to deal with it besides surgery.

We won't be having her tonsils removed.  They are big, just not so huge they need to come out right away.  And from what the doctor said the recovery is way worse when you remove the tonsils vs. just the adenoids.  SO, considering I will have a newborn on my hands, I figure a shorter recovery time is better.  We are waiting until after the baby is born (obviously) and things settle down a bit before we schedule the surgery, just not too long.  I would love to hear from anyone who has been through this before. 

Hope you have a great Wednesday.  Tomorrow I shall be in the hospital bright and early welcoming Lawson to the world!  I will post pics at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Awe - poor little one! My Isabelle had eye surgery when she was 15 months and she did amazing. I did worse than she did :) For me, the hardest part was holding her on the table while they gave her gas....ugh.

    My cousin's little boy just had his tonsils out {he's almost 4} and it took 2 weeks before he could eat again, so sounds like just adenoids is a good thing - and think how much better she'll feel :)

    It will be wonderful to meet your little man - good luck!!

    ReplyDelete