The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, April 4, 2011

Party Recap


Yes, I realize that the last few posts have all been about Molly turning one.  In case you haven't noticed, I am not having the easiest time with her getting older!  She is my BABY.  My BABY! 

Anyway, moving on!  Saturday was her birthday party with all fam.  Each birthday that my girls have had has served to teach me what I won't do and what I will be sure to do the next time around.  For instance, next time I will be sure to put on the invitation something to the effect of, party starts at 2 pm and doors open at 1:45 pm.  I am all for family togetherness, but when you are running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done (like finishing decorating the cake) the last thing you need is people getting there an hour early!  Speaking of the cake, here is a pic.  Each letter was 1/2 a cake in either chocolate, strawberry or white cake with buttercream frosting.  The letters were made from Easter colored m&m's.



One thing I will NOT do again is let my kids skip naps because we are having people over.  Both girls have had the most challenging time getting back to their regular sleeping schedule all because of one birthday party.  Not worth it.  Next time maybe I will think a little bit harder before I decide what time to have the party!!!

Overall it was a good time.  We watched Molly open presents, ate some cake ice cream and enjoyed the beautiful weather outside.  Molly became an instant pro at opening gifts, but was unable to open them all fast enough to keep Isabelle from getting to them.  Poor Isabelle was not liking the fact that her sister was the only one getting gifts. 

Molly got a TON of cute clothes and a new baby doll (which she LOVES) as well as some savings bonds and a new car seat.  She got her first taste of cake and ice cream and I think she might have a sweet tooth like her mommy!


We had a good time and I am sure Molly did also.  I also decided that the only way to stop looking at Molly as my baby is to just have another one!!!  Whaddaya think?  

2 comments:

  1. 1. The cake is adorable - who are you, you crafty lady!?
    2. Sleep schedules are no joke. Maybe brunch get-togethers? I'm sure it was fun, but they are such routine oriented little animals, aren't they?!
    3. Yes, yes, yes - get your preggers on again - now.

    ReplyDelete