The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Embrace-April 28th

 This past weekend my hubs, my sister and her fam, my friend Stephanie and I all ran in the OSU Scrub Run 5k race.  As you can imagine, pics taken right before and right after you exercise are generally not the best pics.  However, it is a family tradition and so we do it and even though we all look less than amazing, we treasure these pictures.


And as I mentioned here, my husband and I very rarely get a pic together.  Leave it to us to take one on the day we look our worst!  But I also promised to post the next picture of us together....so here it is!



Don't hate.  I know we look HOT.  And in case you think it is just the camera angle, nope...my butt is that big!  Hence the diet I am on. 

I do think that somehow my less than terrible performance during this race has perhaps motivated me to run in the Tulsa Run this fall.  We'll see!  I figure if I am going to keep running for weight loss, I might as well train to run a 15k.  I'll keep you posted!

Want to embrace the camera?  Link up here!

 



8 comments:

  1. It's really cool that you all do this together. Great capture of a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I think it's fantastic that you are out there with the whole crew. btw, your header family picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to do together! I am hoping to run a few 5ks this year! :) Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, girls! 5k's are a great place to start. not too long, but does take some work! and thanks, margaret...the pic is by c.c. miller photography. amber, we do this race to support donor services of ok in honor of my dad who received a heart transplant four years ago. donate life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are funny!! You guys looks great! Love the one of the two of you!!! So cool you guys did a 5k ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, your toosh is not big! ha ha Ask me how much I've run ten years? Z_E_R_O! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete