The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Embrace (even when embarrased)

I have been posting pics of the kiddos on Thursdays, either with myself or with Jason, and I thought today I would post a pic of  Jason and I together.  A little change of pace from the kids (though they are much cuter than Jason and me).  The following picture is the most recent photo of Jason and I together.


This was taken about five minutes before my C-Section last year.  LAST YEAR.  Jason and I have not been in a photo just the two of us in a whole YEAR.  Family photo, yes, but alone, no.  PATHETIC.

In my attempt to get more pictures of us with the kids, I have neglected getting any of just the two of us.  I loved looking at pictures of my grandparents together, seeing how much they loved each other coming through so clearly and I feel I have done my kids a disservice by forgetting to document such an important part of their lives. 

Lucky for us we have some things coming up like Molly's B-day and our 10 year anniversary where I think we could manage to get a picture or two of us together.  When we finally take one, I will post it right away, because let's face it, we both look about a million times better out of scrubs and hairnets and me about 35lbs. lighter! 

Now it's your turn to Embrace the Camera.  Visit Emily's site and link up!

3 comments:

  1. it is SO hard to get a picture of just the two of us too. we have a one year old and the last picture we have of my husband and i together is from when she was 8 weeks. your post reminded me of the importance of "embracing" your spouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to get pictures alone without the kids. I am making an effort to take more pictures of me and hubby.

    Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.. cute, but I feel your pain. I hardly have any of us two together either.

    ReplyDelete