The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, March 21, 2011

It can wait


Lately, I have found myself with an abundance of things to do.  I am in the process of getting ready to run (or jog, whatever) a 5k, working to increase my Mary Kay business, wrapping up a bible study at church, preparing for Molly's birthday, and so on and so on.  Life just keeps moving and things at our house seem to be piling up.  Yard work, house work, work in general.  Things seem crazy. 

It is about the time when I think I am going to go crazy that I have to remind myself that things can wait.  The dishes can wait, paying bills can wait (somewhat), cleaning the bathroom can wait, this blog can wait.  It can all wait so that I can do my most important job, be a mom. 

I read something the other day that reminded moms that everything they do from changing diapers to wiping snotty noses to loving on their babies has eternal significance.  Our first jobs as moms is to raise godly children.  When they are young it is hard to look at the day in and day out work as having eternal significance, but it does.  Choosing to discipline your child, choosing to show love, choosing to spend time with your kids, all of it is paving the way.  Children do not magically turn out to be productive, godly adults without work and time invested from the start.

So, remember, it can wait.  It can all wait.  Try not to go crazy worrying about how you will get the house clean or find time to do all the laundry and enjoy the moment you are in with your kiddos!

2 comments:

  1. Could you refer me back to this post at least weekly? I am so guilty of being a slave to my self-inflicted to-do list. You are a great mommy! Thanks for this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think you are awesome and I am glad that you are (maybe) starting to realize that you are a wonderful mom and that truly all of the little things you do now will pay off HUGE when they are teenagers!!! I promise!

    ReplyDelete