The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, March 25, 2011

What do you do all day? Part 2

Before Molly was born I answered the question, "What do you do all day?"  Several well meaning friends asked me that shortly after I made the decision to stay home.  I think they thought boredom would sink in and I would come back to reality and go back to work!  My decision to stay home was the best decision ever.  Most women without kids can't understand.  That was over two years ago and I have yet to get bored.  Here is an update now that I have two little ones!

7:00-8:00  Wake up, change diapers, watch Yo Gabba, get the girls their milk. 

8:00-9:00  Fix a breakfast for Molly, feed Molly, clean up Molly.  Fix breakfast for Belle, let Belle eat, clean up Belle.  I take the time while Belle is eating to also eat and drink my coffee.



9:00-11:00  Molly takes her first nap of the day, usually for about two hours, but sometimes only for an hour.  Belle plays independently for a little bit and I do a little of everything.  I drink another cup of coffee, read my blogs, check email and usually clean up the kitchen.  I also take time to clean something in the house (today it was the master bathroom and starting laundry).  I also spend time playing with Isabelle so that she gets some one on one time during the day.  I am getting ready to make our play time more learning time because that girl is SMART and I am pretty sure I am not giving her enough to learn!

11:00-12:00  Molly wakes up, both girls get new diapers and get dressed for the day.  Molly is ready to eat again (though I am trying to make her wait until lunch time for more milk) and Belle usually gets a little pre-lunch snack.  It is also during this time that we run errands.  I make Mary Kay deliveries twice during the week usually during this time.

12-12:30ish until 1 or 1:30ish  Lunch time.  Remember breakfast???  Yep, it's that all over again.  Two lunches, feeding Molly while Belle eats, cleaning them both up and at some point taking time for my lunch.

1 or 1:30ish  Nap time for both girls!  Whoo Hoo.  Belle will sleep three hours (usually) and Molly for two.  This is my time to do a mad dash to accomplish what I need to for the entire day.  Three days a week I make booking phone calls for Mary Kay, on Tuesdays I take a nap!!!, and the other day of the week I might clean, exercise, shower, scrapbook, read or just watch TV.  Whatever I do I am recharging for the rest of the day.  It is great to have both girls nap at the same time so I can have some alone time.

3-3:30 until about 4  Molly wakes up and we play until Isabelle wakes up

4-5  Playtime.  If it is nice we go outside, otherwise we play 'kitchen stuff' as Belle calls it.  If we are having a big dinner I also will start to do some of the prep work during this time.



5:00-6:30  Dinner time.  During this time I am fixing dinner, eating dinner, and cleaning up dinner.   I have an amazing hubs who helps out a TON so none of it is too overwhelming.

6:30-7  Molly's last bottle and perhaps a bath and then at 7 she goes to sleep.

7-8:30  Belle gets a bath, watches 'the wheel' with dad and then we have her help us clean up the toys in the living room and her bedroom before bed.  She goes down somewhere between 8 and 8:30, but usually doesn't wind up asleep until 9ish.



8:30-10  Party time!  I wish!!!  Jason and I try to squeeze in a little alone time, but there are occasions where I am working, working out or trying to get ready for the next day.  If I have had a Mary Kay appointment the whole evening looks different and this time is usually spent cleaning up the house and reorganizing my MK bags.  We try to get into bed every night by 10.

So there it is, my boring day as a stay at home mom.  There is so much that I didn't even mention, things that get done, but not everyday, like Mary Kay appointments, grocery shopping, meal planning, bill paying, etc.  I wouldn't trade my life for the world.  Being a mom is harder than any job I have ever had and I am so thankful to be able to be home to enjoy every minute of it!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds very familiar! I'm so glad you put it on paper, though. Crazy how fun the repetition can be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see this is when I really wish I were more organized

    ReplyDelete
  3. most days i don't feel very organized! erin, i can't imagine all of the work with twins! you are a rock star. thanks steph!

    ReplyDelete