The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mexican Lasagna

My cooking adventures continue.  Last week was Mexican Lasagna.  It was SO good. 

Here is the recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  (Sorry no picture!)

I did a few things differently, like reduce the amount of ground beef.  I used 1 lb, not 1.5 lb.  I also added more cheese and an additional layer.  Just like with traditional lasagna, I made the last layer using noodles, sauce and cheese.   I omitted the olives also (my family does not like olives).

This recipe was yummy.  Not super easy to make just due to the number of ingredients you have to get out and use, but for sure not a hard recipe either.  However, my husband loved it.  Isabelle ate the black beans and nothing else!!!

I am loving how many new options I have for dinners.  I have made a list of all the dinners we eat and use it to plan out my menus.  It is so nice to have new and delicious options. 

Try this one out.  Or better yet, join me in making one new recipe a week and see how it changes your perspective on cooking and gives you more options for your weekly menu!  Leave me a comment if you make something yummy that I need to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment