The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Friday, August 13, 2010

Accomplishment

In my old life, my life before children, accomplishment looked much different.  It was a project finished, a deadline met, or maybe teaching a student something new and something they didn't understand before.  Well, things have changed.  Today was one of my most productive days since having children, and yet when I think back on what I did today I can't help but laugh at how different my life is now compared to life before the kiddos came along.  So for your reading enjoyment here is a summary of my day today!  I vacuumed the house, swept the kitchen floor, mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the appliances, and did dishes.  I also baked brownies and chocolate chip cookies and made veggie pizza.  I worked out, showered, got dressed in clothes that weren't sweat pants and did some laundry.  I also prepared for my Mary Kay open house by removing all the kid gear from the living room and kitchen.  I talked to my good friend, Rochelle, on the phone and was able to read my favorite blog.  In addition to the housework and cooking, I took care of Isabelle and Molly which includes a lot of diapers and meal times.  And at the end of the day I can't believe how much got done around here today.  The house is mostly clean, the laundry is mostly done, I had a good open house and my kids are sleeping.  Life is good.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  See you on Monday when I will be back to talking about the girls! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that Tracy.....It really makes me think of the so called "chores" more of accomplishments...things other than work I can be proud I got done in a day.

    ReplyDelete