The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just Between Friends....

If you have never been to a Just Between Friends sale you are missing out.  I have heard about JBF for several years and have never been interested enough to go look.  I have had friends shop there as well as consign there and have always heard rave reviews, but again, I never went to check it out myself.  Until this year.  And truth be told, I was only there because of Mary Kay.  You see, this year JBF had vendors at their sale, and a few Mary Kay ladies and I had a booth there to meet some new people.  However, now that I have been, I cannot believe I ever paid full price for any baby item EVER.  JBF is like a baby/kid garage sale on steroids.  Words cannot do this sale justice.  There is an endless amount of toys, clothes (baby, toddler and kids), and baby related items.  And not just a few of one thing either where you are going to have to really search to find what you want, but multiples of nearly every item and almost all of them in great shape.  I saw two tables full of nothing but Elmo's.  It was crazy.  Other items you can find at the sale are bedding, maternity clothes, furniture, bicycles, books, puzzles, board games, backpacks, shoes, car seats, high chairs and pack n plays. 

Now as for the clothes.....The items are very well organized and easy to look through.  All are clearly labeled with the price and almost all of the clothes I looked at were in what I would call great condition.  I am pretty picky so I was smelling them to make sure they were not from a smoker's home and I also looked for pet hair because I am obsessive about that also!  Some had a few stains, but most were very clean.  There is pretty much every brand of clothes including Carters, Gap, Target, Gymboree, Children's Place, Kohl's and several designer brands.  The one downside to the clothes was the cost.  The items I found were a little more than I wanted to pay, but in the end they were still much cheaper than buying new clothes.  I am curious to see what is left during the last two days where items are 25% and 50% off. 

My first day there I left with about $40 worth of stuff.  I bought Isabelle six wooden puzzles all in very good shape, an adorable Children's Place outfit (my splurge of the day), a Gymboree outfit, and a Gap hoodie for Molly.  I am not sure if I got the greatest deal of my life, but I did get some super cute clothes from stores I don't shop at often and some great new toys for Isabelle.  Maybe the 50% off sale will convince me to spend more!

One thing is for sure, if you are a mom, about to be a mom or know a mom, you can find a great deal at JBF.  If you are needing to get rid of a bunch of kid stuff, you can sell it at a JBF sale and avoid the hassle of having your own garage sale.  Check out their website to see if they have a sale in your area.  If you are in Tulsa, JBF goes through Saturday, with 25% off on Thursday and Friday and 50% off on Saturday.  Stop by the Mary Kay booth if you happen to make it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment