I totally stole this idea from another blog.......just wanted to make sure I was keepin' it real.
Since today is my 31st birthday I thought I would list 31 things you may or may not know about me! Don't worry, Friday five is back next week.
In no particular order.....
1. I am a very picky eater. I do not eat any seafood or pork and avoid trying new things. I am like a kid.
2. I have a dish obsession. There is NO room left in my kitchen cabinet for dishes, but that won't stop me! In one apartment Jason and I lived in we had to store dishes in the spare bathroom cabinets.
3. I used to describe myself as outgoing, outspoken, loud and slightly obnoxious, but lately I find I am more quiet and reserved. (okay reserved might be taking it a little too far.)
4. My sister is my best friend.
5. Red Rock Canyon Grill is my favorite restaurant in Tulsa (until August).
6. I hope to adopt from Ethiopia in the future.
7. In order to function throughout the day, I need two cups of coffee, both with cream and sugar.
8. To say I am routine oriented would be an understatement. I pretty much do the same things day in and day out with very little variation.
9. I wish I knew more about homeopathic medicine.
10. If I went back to college it would be to become a nurse practitioner.
11. My favorite sport to watch is golf, and my favorite golfer right now is Graeme McDowell.
12. I am more of a night person, but my girls are up at 6 am every morning, so I am too.
13. Cloudy, rainy, cool weather is my favorite. I think I would love Seattle's weather.
14. I want a mini van. I know, I know. Judge if you want. But they are roomy and get better gas mileage than an SUV.
15. I love horse races.
16. I miss my Grandma and Grandpa Grape. They passed away a few years ago and I miss them pretty much all the time.
17. Before I got married I did not know how to cook, hated camping, never cleaned anything, and said I wasn't having kids. Boy how things can change.
18. I am currently in the process of writing a book. Who knows what will happen when I am done!
19. Reading is my favorite hobby.
20. Black, dark gray and dark purple are my fav nail polish colors. (even in the spring and summer)
21. I am a Mary Kay consultant. I love all things Mary Kay. Seriously. Great company, great products, great friends.
22. The majority of recipes in my cabinet are for desserts.
23. Speaking of dessert....I have a huge sweet tooth. Just ask my dentist.
24. I have been married for 10 years (in June).
25. I don't really want another kid right now, but I wouldn't mind being pregnant. That way I could eat what I wanted, wear stretchy pants, and not have my monthly visitor. (hope that last part isn't tmi!)
26. I have considered starting a secret blog where I could talk about my family more without them reading it. Is that horrible? I have a LOT of great stories.
27. I hate bugs. All of them. HATE.
28. Washing my hair everyday is not a priority. Washing my hair every other day isn't really a priority either. The third day of not washing my hair is when I get the most compliments on how it looks.
29. I wish I was more creative. I would like to be a better decorator, scrapbook-er, photographer, writer, and blog designer. Instead I am good at planning, budgeting, balancing a checkbook, and other nerdy things.
30. Deciding to be a stay at home mom was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
31. The most important thing about me, the thing I am most defined by and the thing I most want people to see about me is that I am a Christian. I am always trying to grow in areas of love, compassion, faith, trust, boldness and knowledge of the Bible.