The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Warning..potty training post in progress

So I realize that not a whole lot of time has gone by since Belle got her head stuck in her toilet, but I have decided to embark upon a potty training adventure beginning on Sunday!

I know what you are thinking....she isn't potty trained yet?  She is two and a half for crying out loud.  Or perhaps you are in the other camp....potty training ALREADY?  Regardless of where you fall, I know that for Isabelle the time has come.   She is beyond ready and at this point is still going in diapers because she is stubborn not because she doesn't have the ability to be potty trained.  And when I say she is stubborn I am not joking.  My mom once thought she would potty train Isabelle and the girl held it for 12 hours.  The whole day she didn't go to the bathroom.  Once my mom put a diaper on her, she went.  That is one stubborn girl.

So I checked out a book from the library that tells me I can potty train her in one day and I am going with it.  I have stocked up on potty party supplies and potty party presents and once I get a doll that wets I will be set. (did not mean to rhyme right there!) Finding said doll might be a little harder than I imagined as I have already scoured the internet and come up empty.  I am NOT spending $50 on a doll that wets itself, so my options are a little limited.  If I don't manage to get a doll I am still going for it on Sunday. 

So all that to say, wish me luck.  I am going to need it.  The thought crossed my mind today at Target that I might need a potty present myself.  After Sunday I might feel like I deserve a reward.  If you have any great potty training advice, leave me a comment!  I can use all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. Zero advice, but thrilled that you'll have so much advice for me when it's our turn! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete