The Blessed Life

The Blessed Life

Monday, May 9, 2011

Why I blog

I blog to record the happenings of my children that I am sure I would otherwise forget.  Like Belle telling Molly to, "go crazy" this weekend or telling Jason (after taking a bite of chicken), "pretty tasty, hon."  Or milestones like Molly's first steps or first words or first whatevers. 

I blog to keep friends and family that don't live nearby updated.  To have a place to post pics of things like birthday parties and Christmas.  To let them know what the girls are up to and what J and I are up to.

I blog to have something to show my girls when they are older.  I want them to know what life was like when I was young (I am still young, right?).  I want them to understand that all parents make mistakes, get frustrated and sometimes don't have all the answers.  I want them to see the choices their dad and I made to hopefully ensure they have a great future and to read about all the fun and funny times we had.

I blog to keep myself entertained/sane/occupied/feeling important.  Seriously, I like writing about toilet seat accidents and how I am learning to cook more and my love affair with Ray Lamontagne.  It gives me a place to get out some of my words for the day.  And trust me when I tell you I have a LOT of words. 

So if I never get thousands of followers (though it would be nice if I did), and if I never get millions of hits a month (though I would be okay with that too), and if I never have hundreds of comments (again, if I did I wouldn't complain), I will be okay.  Because that isn't why I blog.  I blog to be a record keeper, to make sure I don't pull my hair out, and for my girls and that is really all that matters!

3 comments:

  1. So good, and so true. I'll keep following and "hitting" and commenting, but your reasons are good and sweet and just as they should be. But, I love reading about toilet seat accidents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm cold play came on when I came to your page. Love them! And one more reason you blog...you're a good, and witty writer!

    I made this soup tonight - if you like soup, it was yummy!

    http://placetobloom.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipes-for-guests-from-rebecca.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! and thanks for the soup recipe mbear. can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete